VOGONS

First post, by Leandro Correia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings...

I tried to setup "Tube" (a neat small game made by Bullfrog) using it's sound configuration program. Problem is that it simply freezes the emulator if I choose a soundcard (whatever it is) for sound effects. If I only choose a music card, it won't freeze, but the game will run with no sound. According to the compatibility guide, it should work fine on DosBOX, so anyone has any tip?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It works for me in DOSBox 0.74 with default settings. In the sound setup program choose "Soundblaster", "Soundblaster FM", 220, 7, 1 -- any other type of Soundblaster causes the game to crash. You can choose SBPro FM or SB16 FM for music, but I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.

Reply 2 of 7, by Leandro Correia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Weird... Still hangs This is my sound configuration in DosBOX...

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbmixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplemu=default
oplrate=44100

Also, this is the SNDSETUP.INF file created by Tube sound setup program. Could you please paste yours?

SOUND = SBPRO 220 7 1
MUSIC = SBPRO 388 0 0

Reply 3 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Following my instructions should have given you a SNDSETUP.INF with "SBLAST" rather than "SBPRO" in it. Maybe your .INF file is read-only or you have the game in some folder where DOSBox does not have write access.

Reply 4 of 7, by Leandro Correia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope. I deleted the SNDSETUP.INF and ran the setup with "No sound option". It did not hang the sound setup program, but obviously did not have any sound. Editing it manually, the game ran, but still without sound. 🙁

Reply 5 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Why did you delete the INF file? Just select "Soundblaster" in the setup program and it should put "SBLAST" into the INF file -- if that isn't happening then you seem to have some file access issue.