VOGONS

First post, by Paradox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Let me know if this question has been asked before (yes I looked), but I was wondering if anybody else expireced this problem. Ok, so in Crusader: No Remorse the videos work fine, although if your cycles are to high the sound will skip, but in No Regret the video's shutter and skip like hell. 🙁 I don't get, it what's different? I tryed changing my video size and I messed with my cycles and my mem, nothing changed. What's different between No Regret and No Remorse? 😕

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so do you know why it happens or better yet how to fix it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thnxs

Reply 1 of 5, by Paradox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I figured out why and how to fix the video problem. 😁 Just thought I would post so anybody else with it can fix it.

I kept fooling wil DOSbox's setting and figure out that the videos stop skiping at about 23000 cpu cycles, although it still slows for the more complex shots. I tryed it at 25000 and it didn't slow, but the sound started to skip so I settled on 24000, a good midpoint.

I also fooled around with what amount of cycles the game itself ran best at. I tryed settings others had recommended but none of them felt quiet fast enough and I eventually settled on 17000 cycles and 64 mb ram. So I then set the cycles increase and decrease to 7000 so when ever a video comes up (in Regret not Remorse still don't know the difference in videos, though I have an idea) I hit Ctrl-F12 to bump my cycles to 24000 and when the videos done I hit Ctrl-F11 to bump my cycles back to 17000.

Hope this is helpful to someone other then me.

Reply 3 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sweeeeet. Some anonymouse person used the search feature! My faith in humanity has been restored. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline