VOGONS

First post, by Criftus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. Simple problem. I can play and run Syndicate perfectly fine (no discernible errors or anything), but I can't save my game! >_< The missions run through from start to finish, yet when I try and replace one of the "EMPTY" entries, type in my own name, and exit, when I come back it's still registered as "EMPTY". I installed the game using the original floppy disks (God, I'm so glad I still have the originals... heh), so it can't be because of a missing file or something...

I *was* thinking it might have been because of where the game is located. Here is the cut [autoexec.bat] section of "dosbox.conf":
mount A C:\Games\Emulation\DOS\DOSBox\ADrive -t floppy
mount C C:\Games\Emulation\DOS\DOSBox\CDrive -t dir
mount D D:\ -t cdrom
c:
cls

Could DOSBox have trouble when there are (I suppose) a few more directories than usual to get into? (Syndicate is located in CDRIVE\SYND)
Or is anyone else getting these problems? This is a pretty long game, so I don't want to have to get through it in one sitting. =P

Here's my system:
Motherboard: ASUS P4T (BIOS REV. 1007)
Processor: Intel P4 1.5 Ghz.
RAM: 512 Mb. RDRAM
Hard Drive: 40 Gb. MaxtorHD @ 7200 RPM (10 Gb. Free)
Video Card: ASUS GeForce 4 Ti4200 8xAGP
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Platinum
Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Criftus
Mat.H@Cogeco.ca

Reply 3 of 4, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think that is cause dosbox doesn't support making multiple directories:
eg. md folder1\folder2\folder3
I had simmilar problem when trying to install "daughter of the serpents" - I just had to install it in windows cause it was trying to extract .arj files and every file had a long folder tree so none of them extracted in dosbox