VOGONS

First post, by AEC_ACE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello o mighty DOS Box creators and other users! HOLY FREAKIN COW THANK YOU!!!!
I am totally reliving my younger days playing Crusder No Remorse and No Regret (I actually can finally finish No Regret! YAY!), Privateer and Star Control 2. DOSBox works like a charm, and is holding steady at 15000 cycles for me. . .I love it!! Quick question tho: can anyone direct me to a site where I can find patches for these old games? I specifically need the ones for the Crusader games. Any help would be much appreciated. . .(yes, I did a google search and kept finding broken links.) Thanks in advance!

-=ACE=-

Reply 1 of 2, by mr_zen256

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You may find what you are looking for here, http://patches-scrolls.de/

Also, you said you were able to finish the Crusader games, out of curiousity did you use mouse and keyboard or just keyboard? Did you have any problems with the crusader getting stuck spinning around in circles or repeating movements in a perpetual loop?

Reply 2 of 2, by AEC_ACE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Actually I haven't finished either Regret or Remorse. I finished Regret back in 1996, but never finished remorse. What I meant was now that the games work again, I can finshed them. Currently I am playing Remorse, using the keyboard only. I never did like the mouse interface. The only strange problem I've noticed is that when an aribrton is being remotely controlled, sometimes it gets stuck against a wall. I haven't had any "spinning" of the silencer that you spoke of. Granted I'm only about mid-way through the first level. . .so I guess it could still happen. I'll post another if it does. Good luck!

-=ACE=-