Thanks ripsaw8080, that is a very useful fix.
In testing v1.08 I have found some odd behavior.
Tested and the linking with Breach 3 is working as intended. There seems to be one drawback though, it now tries to load Breach 3 even when the ROE2 module is supposed to link to a Breach 2 module which causes Breach 3 to load with no actual mission data and essentially kills your game.
My understanding is it should be able to launch Breach 2 for ROE2 modules that use Breach 2.
The mission load screen definitely implies that both Breach 2 and Breach 3 should work side by side as both buttons are down the bottom. But the game always loads Breach 3 when boarding, no matter the selected option.
This can be tested by doing the following:
- copy below file into roe2\campaign (unzip it first)
- start the game
- select "Assume Command"
- select "Test B2", then "Make". Give it a name in the pop up dialog box, then "ok", then "play"
- Click through intro vid & briefing. Select "waypoint", "add" in the new window, then "ok". Select "captain", highlight "Andreas...", then "assign", then "ok". Now select "deploy", then "yes" in new window
- Now we are in the game. Left click the orange square and select "Tacfir", then back on the central control column select "2", then the orange square again and select "tacman".
- In tacman click "typ" once, then "lok". Select "calista", then "posit", then the "-" next to "range" till its a number lower than 1,000 but higher than 200.
- At the bottom of the central control bar use ">>" to speed up time until "tacfir" shows the range you selected next to "R:", then use "<<" to bring speed back to normal.
- Almost there, now just need to destroy outpost shields. In "Tacfir" select "focus", then "pinpoint shields". Power your beams up by pressing the "+", then select "auto ebw". You can also press "Fire Msl" a couple times to speed this step up, but not too many or you may blow up the station before you can board it.
- When the "S" is black with a dark blue "S" you can select "board" in the "tacman". Here is where it loads the linked module. As I linked to a Breach 2 module it should load Breach 2, but as you will see it loads Breach 3 which I'm assuming doesnt work with Breach 2 modules as everything is blank. If you do the same process on a mission that is linked to a Breach 3 module it loads correctly and lets you play the Breach 3 mission.