VOGONS

First post, by Interceptor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hiya, anyone played flashback (floppy version) on dosbox 0.61? it runs fine but at a slow speed, and the music is slow. cycles and frameskip isnt helping, my cpu is P4 2.0ghz.

i can play several other games like syndicate without woe.

is this a known issue?

Reply 5 of 12, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Try running in 0.60, flashback seems to be a bit picky oabout screen update timing and that doesn't seem to be exactly the way it wants in 0.61

Reply 7 of 12, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

hm. strange cause it works exactly the same way in both 0.60 and 0.61 for me:

adlib+6000cycles->ok
adlib+2500->too slow

sb+6000->a bit slow
sb+2500->ok

*adlib (it doesn't matter whether you choose fast or slow machine in install.exe, they both works the same way)

Reply 8 of 12, by jssilva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is a kinda slow at 2500. 2600 is a better value to use with SB sound fx....
you can compare the intro music speed with SNES version.... 2600 is much better.......

very strange: i use boxer frontend and i put an autoexecute commands to all games....... at 2500 + autoexecute is very very slow.... at 2600 + autoexecute is normal.... 2500 + typing manually all these commands is only a little slow.......
very.... very strange.

i use these commands at autoexecute:
mount c c:\old\fback
c:
fb
exit

more strange things: you can use a value higher than 3000, but you must set SB for sfx and adlib for music..... with MT32 you get a slow game.....
to use MT32 for music and SB for sfx you must use a value between 2600~2900

this game appears to be speed sensitive...............

i'm using boxer FE 0.61.5 and dosbox 0.61

Reply 10 of 12, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Erm, tcm1998, although your reply in the more recent thread is appreciated, there's little point in necro-ing a thread that's more than a year old just to point it out.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.