VOGONS

First post, by XenXheng

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks so much for Dos Box, guys. I just need to fine tune one thing before I can have my fix of nostalgia.

In both Wizardry 6 and 7, whenever a sound plays in the game and I'm moving the mouse at the same time, the sound gets garbled. This can get quite annoying as there is a lot of ambient noise in both games, causing the sound to come out sounding like a bad radio transmission, and forcing me to use the keyboard or time mouse movements between sounds to avoid the interruption.

Also, in Wizardry 7, I set the sound effects to PC Internal Speaker as directed in a previous thread, and all the sound effects work great, with the exception of the ambient noises. Still mouse or moving, all of the rushing water, bird calls and all the other sounds of nature that made the game so beautiful now all sound metal scraping against itself.

Is there any way to fiddle with sound or mouse settings to fix this?

I've tried this on three different systems, a Pentium, a Celeron, an AMD, anywhere from 1.2 to 2.4 GHz processers, 64 MB to 256 MB Video cards, everything in between, and it still doesn't work. I'm guessing this is some option I mistakenly forgot to set after installation (I'm using the base options for 0.61).

Thanks a lot for any and all advice!
Chris