VOGONS

First post, by Bowie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently purchased a physical copy of Elder Scrolls Redguard, but it doesn't work on what I'm running which is Windows 7 Home 64 bit. I believe the game runs in 32 bit? Basically I'm just trying to find a way to play the game and someone mentioned dosbox.

Last edited by Bowie on 2015-09-29, 04:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

DOSBox questions should be asked in the DOSBox forums.

Your description is also too vague. More info is needed - at the very least the PC game's name and year it was published.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 2 of 5, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Congratulations, you're nominated for the prestigious most vague post of late 2015 award.

To begin with maybe you could post what game it is.

Is there a reason why you want to run your game in DOSBox? If it's a late 90's game it's probably meant to run on Windows, not DOS.

Reply 3 of 5, by Bowie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

DOSBox questions should be asked in the DOSBox forums.

Your description is also too vague. More info is needed - at the very least the PC game's name and year it was published.

My apologies, I thought I had clicked on the right forum. I've updated my question. It's Elder Scrolls Redguard. I'm able to install, but not play the game on my computer and someone mentioned dosbox to me, but I'm not sure if what I'm wanting to do is possible.

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Adjusted subject and moved to Dosbox forum

Please follow the 60 seconds guide and you should be fine!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper