VOGONS

Lemmings 3D

Topic actions

First post, by cerapter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately, I've got Windows XP. Windows XP does not have DOS.
I like old PC games. Windows XP doesn't. So I kick XP's ass and go get a DOS emulator.
But when I run Lemmings 3D, not only is the sound gone, but the game runs AWFULLY slow. It's like DOSBox is emulating a machine too slow for the game.

So I should change the conf-file or something.. but I have no idea what and what else - so I need your help here.

Reply 2 of 3, by cerapter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Of course I've read the readme.
The thing is, I managed to miss the ctrl, so I pressed F8 and F12 without result 😅.

But what about the sound? I've seen other topics with a lot of fuss around the sound in Lemmings 3D. Is there any real solution yet?

Reply 3 of 3, by Dos Game Player

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cerapter wrote:

Of course I've read the readme.
The thing is, I managed to miss the ctrl, so I pressed F8 and F12 without result 😅.

But what about the sound? I've seen other topics with a lot of fuss around the sound in Lemmings 3D. Is there any real solution yet?

Have you ran its config program. If NO (well do this anyway!) got to the setup utility and choose Change Hardware and then Sound. On MIDI choose General MIDI, on the other option choose SoundBlaster. go back and save changes. Then mount C as C:\ for it to read the file.