VOGONS

First post, by Kyragem88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I posted earlier about sync issues with music in "The Hand of Fate CD-ROM" that was resolved after modifying CPU settings. I initially thought no other program was experiencing the same issue, but recently I have discovered other examples where the music begins to go out-of-sync after a period of time (most notably in Kyrandia 1, versions 1.0, 1.3 and CD-ROM - the "pool of sorrow" theme is only correct on the first loop. Slightly off-kilter for second and third loops, extremely noticeable from fourth loop onwards). Attempting the same CPU solution produced no results with this title, nor did modifying Sound Blaster settings.

My searches did not yield results, but perhaps there are guides for which specific settings produce the best results for these types of games? Links to general guides or suggestions for this particular title would be appreciated. If such topics exist already here, please advise.

Reply 1 of 1, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have tested Legend of Kyrandia v1.3
FM emulation with "Pool of Sorrow" song on the screen with a lake (7:30).
Yes, there is an issue, not critical though. The song plays differently with next cycles. If in game's options to switch off music and then switch on - the song plays correctly again in the beginning.

Would be good if Kyragem88 name other games he've found with similar FM issues. Maybe developers will look and fix it.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide