VOGONS

tangocrk.com not working

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by rickford66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed DOSBox version 0.74 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm attempting to get my Tango schematic and PCB software to work. I have the schematic software working better than I could have dreamed. My problem is with my PCB software. I have a batch file that calls tangocrk.com before launching pcb.exe, and it hangs up when it tries to run tangocrk.com. I've used this file before on older XP machines, but in DOSBox it hangs up. Has anyone seen this and if so, were you able to solve the problem? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Look at the batch file to see if it has any hardcoded path in it that doesn't match your mount path anymore. Could also be some kind of config file that has the old path set somewhere.
Best bet would be to try and get the exact same path as when it worked on XP - give us your current mount commands and the path it was in on XP.

Edit: and non-game programs are actually not supported by Dosbox 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Oh, it is.
So... Locking this now until there is a legit reason for this...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper