Rank

Motherboard: ECS K7S5A
Processor type and speed: AMD Athlon 1700+
Amount and type of RAM: 512 Meg SDRAM
Video board w/ RAM amount and type: Asus V7700 GeForce 2, 32 Meg
Sound board: SB PCI (128, I think)
Operating system: WinXP
Game name (and version, if applicable): Prince of Persia I
Description of problem: Sometime during play it will skip to the beginning of the next level and I will only have 15 minutes left, no matter how much was there before.
Reproducibility of problem: can't recreate at will
Sound mode used: auto
Video mode (Software, OpenGL, Direct3D, or Glide, and resolution): auto?
Version of emulator: DOSBox 0.61
Steps already attempted to solve the problem: yes, I read the README. I tried increasing and/or decreasing the CPU cycles, and the skip frame (which is better if I leave it alone). I tried reducing the declared amount of RAM in the .conf file, but then the game wouldn't play.

Reply 3 of 9, by xErath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's not a DosBox bug... That a prince of persia cheat tweaker...
If you press shift+l you'll be transported to the next level, and if try to reach lvl 12 that way you'll only have 3 minutes to rescue the princess.. 😎

Reply 4 of 9, by nerfherder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been having the same problem with 0.63, and no I haven't been touching the 'L' key either. It seems to happen randomly after exiting a room.

I installed straight from an original 'Prince of Persia Collection' CD. There have been no trainers or cracks added.

Reply 5 of 9, by Eclipser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep, I'm having the same problem... no cheat modes either :<
it seems that I have found at least two ways to reproduce this.
1. in first level go down as fast as possible and run left to the first door and try to go through it as fast as possible (crouching below it while it's opening)
2. in level 3 where there's three razors and an extra life point, when coming down, it jumps to level 4 and leaves 15 minutes time.

I tried the cheatmode thingie as xErath suggested, I went to level 12 and I still had an hour left to finish it :p

Reply 6 of 9, by ASM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems to be problem with your PoP version. I tried to reproduce this behaviour with my version and I didn't work.

If you press shift+l you'll be transported to the next level, and if try to reach lvl 12 that way you'll only have 3 minutes to rescue the princess..

I tried the cheatmode thingie as xErath suggested, I went to level 12 and I still had an hour left to finish it :p

If you run PoP without cheatmode (i.e. you just start PoP w/0 any commandline parameters) the SHIFT-L combination will take you to the next level until you reach level 4. Once you reach level 4 this combination gets disabled. You'll always have 15 minutes left after that teleport (even if you only beam to level 2 for instance).
If you run PoP with cheatmode the combination will take you to any of the 14 levels and it will not touch the time left (this makes it easier to get into the highscore list 😁 ).