VOGONS

First post, by BBalazs

User metadata

The sound of the game is just not the same at some points (if I remember well, the entry was different, and there was a Cha-cha-cha at the end when you lost all your lives and the red guys (Boureocrats?) come up dancing.
It is basically a good game, but I'd love this problem to be fixed. Are you aware of it?

BTW I visit the DosBox site daily to see if a new version is out. When is the next one expected to come?

Reply 2 of 5, by DarthJDG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also noticed that problem. Maybe the speaker emulator is not capable of producing the same sound as the original PC speaker in such extreme cases.

Makes me wonder... we still have a speaker in our PCs. Is it possible that DOSbox will support it instead of emulating it on the sound card? There are also some programs that rely on extreme speaker usage, I remember having a text-to-speech program called NowSpeak that did the same thing, I haven't tried it in DOSbox, but it would be fun.

Oh, and the good old Win3.1 PC speaker driver with wave support. 😀

Reply 3 of 5, by BBalazs

User metadata

And... When will the next DosBox come out (estimatedly)? It would be great to hear that sound again...

BTW DosBox is the best program (emulator) I have ever seen because it is easy to use and is no risk to your PC - However It'd be great to run some Newer - applications too - Just to slow them down. There is an unofficial game on the net called Real Keen Player (1, 2, 3). It also only runs on slower PCs.