VOGONS

First post, by CaptainCatfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I was redirected here after posting into the general DOS forum.
I am trying to mount a Mechwarrior 2 CUE/BIN in version 0.74. To mount, I am using this code:

imgmount d "C:\MECH2\MECH2_16B.cue" -t iso

However, I end up getting "Image file not found." Is this a problem on my end, or is there some way to fix this?

Reply 1 of 7, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Make sure the path is correct.
Also, the example at https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/IMGMOUNT says

Z:>mount c "c:\images" Z:>imgmount d "C:\cdimg.cue" -t iso -fs iso Z:>d: D:> […]
Show full quote

Z:>mount c "c:\images"
Z:>imgmount d "C:\cdimg.cue" -t iso -fs iso
Z:>d:
D:>

and you don't have the -fs part in your command.

Reply 3 of 7, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you mounting your computer's C: drive as your DOSBox C drive?
It's recommended to mount a folder as your DOSBox C and not your entire C: drive.
If you're mounting your computer's C: drive as your DOSBox C, then you're trying to mount a folder within the DOSBox C drive as your D: drive, which would confuse DOSBox.

If you're mounting C:\Mech2 as your DOSBox C: drive, it's the same problem -- trying to mount a folder within the DOSBox C as the D: drive.

Reply 4 of 7, by CaptainCatfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
skitters wrote:

Are you mounting your computer's C: drive as your DOSBox C drive?
It's recommended to mount a folder as your DOSBox C and not your entire C: drive.
If you're mounting your computer's C: drive as your DOSBox C, then you're trying to mount a folder within the DOSBox C drive as your D: drive, which would confuse DOSBox.

I am mounting a folder on C entitle DOSgames.
I suppose the problem might be me being and idiot and not realizing D can't be mounted from a folder within DOSbox C. I'll test that out right now.

Reply 5 of 7, by CaptainCatfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update: It works. I had to list the full path from my computer's C and not the C I set within DOSbox.
Thank God, I was pulling my hair out over this one.
Here's the full command I used if anyone is interested:

imgmount d "C:\DOSgames\MECH2\MECH2_16B.cue" -t iso -fs iso