VOGONS

First post, by eddywinch82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have a genuine CD copy of EA Sports Cricket 97. I have got the game to install properly in Dosbox V 0.74 on my computer,
and when I run it the first time after installation, everything runs fine and if I exit the game and don't exit Dosbox, and type cricket or crickdx2 to run it again, it runs fine. However when I exit Dosbox V 0.74 and load up Dosbox again later on, I firstly always mount my Drive D: Cdrom as mount d d:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 Then I mount
the C Drive as mount c c:\C97 then I type cricket or crickdx2 to run the game. However with each of them, I now get the following message appearing :-

Error list :-
-LVL_Loadlevel() : Could not open file "C:\C97\LEVELS\640\Licence.LVL

Error 1

Loading license screen !

Does anyone know what is causing this problem in Dosbox, and how I can sort it out ? Any help and info would be much appreciated
Best Regards Eddie Winch

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eddywinch82 wrote:

mount c c:\C97

Wrong. You need to mount your drives the same way you did the first time you installed the game.

See the 60 Seconds Guide.
60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

Reply 2 of 4, by eddywinch82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Jorpho, many thanks for your reply. I have reinstalled the game several times, after reading the information in the link you gave me. And unfortunately the problem remains. In terms of installation it is hard to do exactly what I am supposed to do. Because If I create a folder in the C:\ Drive on my computer, when I run the Installation program on the EA Sports CD, it asks me to specify a folder to create. which by default is C:\C97 when I install the game, the path of the program ends up being C:\C97\C97 as the program creates the C97 folder within the folder I have created. And the program won't install to C:\ that won't work. Should I simply copy all the files and folders on the CD to my computer ? and run the installation from my computer would that work ? Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. Eddie Winch

Reply 4 of 4, by eddywinch82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks for your reply peterferrie, I actually got the game working for the Windows 95 version, that is also on the Cricket 97 Game Cd, using Windows compatability mode in my Windows 7 64 bit on my PC. After I looked for a solution, to the problem on the internet last night. But I will do another install of the Dos version, in Dosbox, to see if what you suggest to do works. All the best Eddie Winch