VOGONS

Dick Tracy - The Crime Solving Adventure with Disney Sound Source

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by gumpy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't get Disney Sound Source sound working with "Dick Tracy - The Crime Solving Adventure".

I enabled the Sound Source in the DosBox config file and selected Sound Source sound from the game's set-up file - but it is still not working. I only get PC speaker sound.

(I tried using DosBox 0.74 on a Windows 7 PC)

7citiesbanner.gif

Reply 2 of 4, by gumpy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote:

The DSS detection is problematic, so run the game like "EGA -v ss" to force options.

Thanks! It works like a charm! 😀

I noticed that the graphics while driving and investigating a crime scene flicker a lot less if EGA mode is selected instead of VGA mode - so EGA -e ss seems to be the best parameters.

As a side note, the game freezes up in Tandy mode when you go to the driving sequence. 😕

7citiesbanner.gif

Reply 3 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
gumpy wrote:

I noticed that the graphics while driving and investigating a crime scene flicker

I find that using a different amount (i.e. not the default 3000) of fixed cycles mitigates this. YMMV.

gumpy wrote:

As a side note, the game freezes up in Tandy mode when you go to the driving sequence.

This is caused by a corrupt TDY.EXE that floats around the net. Sorry, but there is no support here for games from illegitimate sources.

Reply 4 of 4, by gumpy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is caused by a corrupt TDY.EXE that floats around the net. Sorry, but there is no support here for games from illegitimate sources.

Understood. Checking Ebay - and looks like the game was only released on 5.25 inch disk format. So that will make it a little bit harder to copy off - at least there's no on disk protection.

7citiesbanner.gif