VOGONS

First post, by mattp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have a 3.5" IBM PC disk of a 1992 game Aztlan: Stone Of The Fifth Sun. I have successfully extracted the contents of the disk onto my PC, to run with DOSBox.

I have created a folder on my C drive called "games". Within that folder I have put all the extracted Aztlan files - in a sub folder called "aztlan".

The attached screenshots tell the story of the commands I enter and the errors I get trying to install the game. I hope someone here can explain to me how to get this game working. My technical understanding is very low, so the simpler the explanation the better!

Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to your reply.

Matt P

Attachments

Last edited by mattp on 2016-11-17, 03:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mattp wrote:

I have a 3.5" IMB PC disk of a 1992 game Aztlan: Stone Of The Fifth Sun. I have successfully extracted the contents of the disk onto my PC, to run with DOSBox.

I have created a folder on my C drive called "games". Within that folder I have put all the extracted Aztlan files - in a sub folder called "aztlan".

I don't understand why you did that. Like the screen says: now it thinks you are trying to install the game to the same folder where you extracted the files.

Follow the 60 Seconds Guide.
60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

Also, it's "IBM" ("International Business Machines"), not "IMB".

Reply 3 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mount the files from your disks as a. Don't use the mounted C drive for the diskettes. Also note that you should ask DOSBox questions in the DOSBox forum.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by mattp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Success!

Thanks collector, Jorpho and skitters.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place!

Attachments