VOGONS

First post, by Chilly Willy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For some reason I can not get this game to run in Dosbox. I have the original 720k disk. One has EGA/Tandy and the other has CGA/Hercules. They work on my Tandy 1000 HX just fine. I have tried setting the machine as Tandy and even mounting the A: drive and running from there. The game never starts and just goes back to the prompt after trying to run them (BONDE.exe, BONDT.exe, BOND.exe). Any advice?

Reply 2 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moved to DOSBox forums

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by Chilly Willy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for posting in wrong forum. 🙁

I don't think it has any protection on disk. Runs on my Tandy without having to do anything. I don't recall it saying anything like that in the manual either.

Reply 4 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Chilly Willy wrote:

I don't think it has any protection on disk. Runs on my Tandy without having to do anything.

Back in the day there were various sorts of complex copy protection schemes that would not require you to do anything. Robot Odyssey, for instance, had a "weak bit" that would not be duplicated correctly if you tried to make a copy of the disk.

As the floppy emulation in DOSBox is limited, it is entirely possible that some such copy protection scheme is in play.