VOGONS

First post, by Tangar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
Apparently, some users have been able to run strike commander on dosbox. I've been able to install it on a virtual pc, then copy the directory to my dosbox, and apart from the sound that doesn't work, I can start the game in dosbox. However when I want to actually fly the first mission, the screen scrambles, and dosbox quits. Is there anything in my configuration file that I need to change to make it work ?

Thanks,

Reply 1 of 10, by GuyIncognito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yea, i cant even get past the installation let alone the game probs, I've just been able to get wings of glory installed but my memory isn't VCPI compliant and i cant ' edit ' the dosbox config.sys file to fix it I think if we could figure a way to do that we'd fix both our problems....

GIMMIE ALL YA GOT!

( Al Pachino, in HEAT )

Reply 5 of 10, by GuyIncognito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My Apologies, i should have listed that before....

Athlon 2.4
768 ram
Radeon 9600 128 card
Windows XP

Yea, i'd love to get Strike commander working but it just wont finish the install process, get right to the end and black screen, not even an error code to go by, help very much appreciated

GIMMIE ALL YA GOT!

( Al Pachino, in HEAT )

Reply 7 of 10, by Tangar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can try to send you my installed SC-folder in a zip file (about 17MB). I think I better send it to your email as I think the dosbox-bosses won't like me posting 17MB of files to their forum ??

Reply 9 of 10, by CAT Shannon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tangar wrote:

I can try to send you my installed SC-folder in a zip file (about 17MB). I think I better send it to your email as I think the dosbox-bosses won't like me posting 17MB of files to their forum ??

If you are still reading in here: I´ve got the same problem as GuyIncognito, could you please send me that zip file as well? My adress is
daniel.wegener@gmx.de

Thank you a lot!

Life is a sequence of missed opportunities