VOGONS

First post, by irislight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I am trying to get Realms Of The Haunting to play on my Windows 10 machine.

I have dosbox installed now, and I have made an ISO image of the 4 cd's (each cd in a separate folder, and then all four folders in one folder). I have got the dos program to find the mounted image, but can not get any further to either play or install the game.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moved to DOSBox and gave a better subject

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is discussed in the DOSBox readme. You need to mount all of the ISO images at the same time, as in "imgmount -t cdrom disc1.cue disc2.cue disc3.cue disc4.cue". Then you can switch CDs by pressing CTRL-F4.

Reply 5 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yes, of course.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 9, by irislight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do apologise ...I'm a little lost now...once you've created an iso image of each cd folder (I've copied each cds contents into a folder for each cd) how do I get all 4 iso images to mount at the same time and then get the dosbox program to run them all?

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

please make proper images of the CDs, best is a bin/cue image using Alcohol 120% or similar. Most likely isos will be fine, too, but you need to image the CDs not a folder.

Reply 9 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
irislight wrote:

once you've created an iso image of each cd folder (I've copied each cds contents into a folder for each cd)

Start over with the original CDs, and make bin/cue images of those. If you don't have original CDs, then just buy the game from GOG next time it goes on sale; it will probably work without any problems.

how do I get all 4 iso images to mount at the same time and then get the dosbox program to run them all?

Read my first post again.