VOGONS

First post, by Captain_Brian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running X-Com: UFO Defense v1.4 with DOSBOX 0.61 at 14,000 cycles and the game runs PERFECTLY, except for the music which plays way too fast.

The music speeds up along with the cycle speed, which is a problem because the game itself is unplayably choppy at 2,500 cycles but the music is perfect, and the game is perfect at 14,000 cycles but the music is sped up!

Can anyone help me with this? Please? 😢

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

speed up dosbox before starting the game.

second what did you select as music device ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 4, by Captain_Brian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried that, but it has the same result. I am currently speeding it up (to 16,000) before starting the game using a .conf file, not the speed up keys.

Currently it has "Adlib/SoundBlaster FM" selected as it's music board, and I've tried UltraSound and General Midi MPU-401, but they all have the same results. The Awe32 music device doesn't play at all in-game, and Roland LAPC-1/MT32 causes the game to freeze on a black screen right after the command prompt.

I'm pulling my hair out! It sounds like a fast-farwarded audio cassette tape. 🙁 It's so weird, because I don't have this problem with any other game.

Reply 4 of 4, by Captain_Brian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, this is weird. It kinda just fixed itself! I have been editing the weapon and ammo stats over the past few days, and then I just realized that the music was fine! So maybe editing it did something, or else it was just a coincidence. 😁

Thanks for the help!

-Brian