VOGONS

First post, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I can't install LoL2 😐 I can select sound & music device but game doesn't want to install - it says that i have only 110540K (~110MB) diskspace available . Of course on that drive i have about 2gb free space. I tried to delete some files but it didn't change anything. Any way to fix it?

Intel C2D E8500@3,6 Ghz, DDR2-800 2x2Gb Ram, MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II/OC, Asus P5E Deluxe, Asus Xonar DX, HDD: WD 500AAKS x2, Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Reply 2 of 10, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx Qbix 😅 ... but there is a new problem - install program can't find cd-rom disc 😒 I've tried to mount it with -aspi/-ioctl and -label LOLG_CD1, with no luck 😢

Intel C2D E8500@3,6 Ghz, DDR2-800 2x2Gb Ram, MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II/OC, Asus P5E Deluxe, Asus Xonar DX, HDD: WD 500AAKS x2, Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Reply 3 of 10, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, with 0.72 i was playing Lands of lore 2 until first Bacatta (guy with 4 arms) encounter in the village cantina. He is speaking his line and when i'm (luther) about to speak - game quits with "memory allocation of 1309694 bytes failed!! MemAvail:1330736 Largest:1244084" error message. I've tried disabling ems/xms, set memory to 8,16,32,64 Mb, turn off sound 🙁

Reply 7 of 10, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't think it's corrupted save file, because i can use the same save (without that error) when i'm playing l.o.l.2 in winxp (but i dont want to play in windows - because i have problems with skipping cuscenes/movies).

Reply 8 of 10, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I seem to recall having a problem with the game roughly around that spot when I played it using real DOS years ago.
Don't know if there was ever a solution, but I got by it playing the game using a Windows emulator to run the Windows version to get past that specific point, saving it, and then went back to using DOS again.
Might be worthwhile considering as opposed to taking the time to try to solve it, just to see one cutscene.

Reply 9 of 10, by ebbpp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a big problem with switching cds. After finishing the first Cd the game doesn't recognize the second cd, and vice wersa then I start game from second cd the game doesn't recognize the first one.
Any ideas? I'm using dosbox 0.73 and I'm playing on Lenovo N500. The game runs ok for me at 15000 cycles at 10000 it is too slow. Please help me I want get out of that Draroricole's place.

And I've tried all levels of CD emulation. At maximum level the game runs but I have this problem as mentioned above.

I also tried coping content of all cd's to a directory but game doesn't recognize this at basic(virtual mount).