VOGONS

win 10 + daemon tools = problems

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by pac00zilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having problems to mount the iso image via .bat dosbox, in windows 7 I created a .bat that mounted the iso of any game and already typed the commands to execute any game via daemon tools, but in windows 10 it is only possible to install the From version 5.0 onwards to the daemon to which the script:

"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ DAEMON Tools Lite \ DTLite.exe" -mount dt, 0,

Does not work, there is a way around this problem.

In case the game was Elder Scrolls II - The Daggerfall (1996)

And this is the complete code I use:

@echo off

c:

if not exist "0.3cd" (

md 0.3cd

)

cd 0.3cd

if not exist "edagger" (

md edagger
xcopy "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger" "C:\0.2cd\edagger" /y /s /e

)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount dt, 0, "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\edagger\edagger.iso"

del C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf

copy "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\edagger.conf" "C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox"

ren "C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox\edagger.conf" dosbox-0.74.conf

start X:\miscelaneo\2_software_a\emulator.pack_EEC" "2016-08\Emulators\IBM" "PC\DOSBox\DOSBox\DOSBox.exe -s -t 6

:loop

:: esse ping é para 2 segundos (-n 4), para 3s use (-n 5), o valor deve ser considerado com + 2 segundos
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 4 -w 1000
tasklist -fi "IMAGENAME eq DOSBox.exe" | find /i "DOSBox.exe"

if %errorlevel% == 0 goto loop

del C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf

copy "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.1normal.conf" "C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox"

ren "C:\Users\pac\AppData\Local\DOSBox\0.1normal.conf" dosbox-0.74.conf

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount dt, 0

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE0 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE0" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE0" /y /s /e

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE1 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE1" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE1" /y /s /e

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE2 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE2" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE2" /y /s /e

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE3 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE3" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE3" /y /s /e

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE4 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE4" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE4" /y /s /e

del X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE5 /y

xcopy "C:\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE5" "X:\miscelaneo\5_fullgame\0.01msdos\rsdos\0.2cd\edagger\SAVE5" /y /s /e

exit

Reply 1 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should not be using Daemon Tools with DOSBox, instead mount the ISO directly in DOSBox.

Also you definetly shouldn't be using Daemon Tools with Windows 10, it causes too many issues in modern versions of Windows.

Finally, why are you using this convoluted batch file? The phrasing of your post and the batch implies this isn't a legal copy.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 8, by pac00zilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

You should not be using Daemon Tools with DOSBox, instead mount the ISO directly in DOSBox.

Also you definetly shouldn't be using Daemon Tools with Windows 10, it causes too many issues in modern versions of Windows.

Finally, why are you using this convoluted batch file? The phrasing of your post and the batch implies this isn't a legal copy.....

If I should not use the daemon tools with the dosbox what program should I use to mount the iso on the virtual drive?

How do you copy illegal?

Reply 3 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pac00zilla wrote:

If I should not use the daemon tools with the dosbox what program should I use to mount the iso on the virtual drive?

http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#IMGMOUNT

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pac00zilla wrote:

You don't need any program other than DOSBox. Just type "imgmount d whatever.iso".

How do you copy illegal?

There is an official freeware release of Daggerfall available at https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/daggerfall/. Many, many people have been able to run this game in DOSBox without much trouble (there are many threads about it here already), and certainly without using Daemon Tools or complicated batch files. If you got the game from somewhere else, then it may have been altered in some unknown fashion.

Reply 5 of 8, by pac00zilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
You don't need any program other than DOSBox. Just type "imgmount d whatever.iso". […]
Show full quote
pac00zilla wrote:

You don't need any program other than DOSBox. Just type "imgmount d whatever.iso".

How do you copy illegal?

There is an official freeware release of Daggerfall available at https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/daggerfall/. Many, many people have been able to run this game in DOSBox without much trouble (there are many threads about it here already), and certainly without using Daemon Tools or complicated batch files. If you got the game from somewhere else, then it may have been altered in some unknown fashion.

I play the cd version that I downloaded in the REMOVED

The bat I wrote does the following:
Checks if the folder in the c: is available if not creates a new folder and copies the files of the game execution to those who do not know Daggerfall needs the cd mounted and the execution files only run in the directory c:

Does the copy the settings that I created with the commands for it to execute the game for the executor folder of the dosbox and there executes the game

If I close the dosbox it will unmount the cd and copy the game saves to x:

With this I do not need to enter any command to execute the game, executing the bat it does everything automatically

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-09-10, 14:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 8, by pac00zilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:
pac00zilla wrote:

http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#IMGMOUNT

I did not know IMGMOUNT function, thank you very much, thank you.

Reply 7 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pac00zilla wrote:

Checks if the folder in the c: is available if not creates a new folder and copies the files of the game execution

I don't understand why you are doing that. You can put the files in any folder you want, and mount that folder as drive C in DOSBox.

May I suggest the 60 Seconds Guide?
60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox