VOGONS

First post, by Grimjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,
I am using DOSBox for the first time and I seem to be having trouble launching a game. I am trying to run Darksun-SL. The load seems to work and I can move the folder to any location but no matter where I place it or what 'mount' command I use I get the same error.

"GPLDATA.GFF file not found . path = C:\DARKSUN"

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a known solution? I am familiar with using DOS commands so feel free with using techno-babble. 😀

My system configuration is as follows:
Windows 10
DOSBox 0.74
All programs are loaded on the main C:\ drive

Thanks for any help someone can provide.

- Grimjack

Reply 1 of 5, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wrong forum. You need to post this in DOSBox Games:
DOSBox Games/Apps

Maybe a mod will be nice and move your post there. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you download this game from some random place on the Internet? If so, it could easily be incomplete or otherwise corrupted.

You can get a legal copy that is practically guaranteed to work from https://www.gog.com/game/dungeons_dragons_dark_sun_series .

If you are installing from original disks, you should follow the 60 Seconds Guide if you haven't already.
60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moved topic

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by Grimjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My apologies for the incorrect forum and thank you for moving it. I am installing from original 3.5" disks. I will attempt the 60 seconds guide to DOSBox substituting the "A" drive for the CDROM. Thank you again.

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Don't substitute for the CD-Rom drive.
It looks as if the mounting you used when you installed from the floppy drive is not the same as you are using now.
Put the folder darksun into c:/games and use "mount c c:/games" and then "cd darksun" and then start the game.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper