VOGONS

First post, by kriegaex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been playing GC2 on several computers over the years, but it has been the same everywhere. I have gotten used to it, but still started wondering why it happens and if I can somehow avoid it. So let me describe the symptom:

I play GC2 normally and once in a while (maybe 5x per set played) it happens that the game starts repeating a pressed cursor key (up/down, never saw it with left/right) endlessly until I press the same key again. This makes me lose the point in the ongoing rally because the player starts running up/down the court, missing the ball. Also once in a while the player freezes mid movement, e.g. when raising an arm during service or return, until I press RETURN once more for a little longer. This might be a known bug in the game itself, even though I do not remember ever seeing it under DOS in the old times. It is no CPU overload or keyboard hardware related problem either, because it never happens in any other applications outside of DOSBox, DOSBox does not use much CPU on my fast machine and the game as such keeps running nicely and without hanging or so, it is just the keyboard repeat/hang/whatever.

Has anyone seen similar symptoms in this or other games? I would appreciate ideas as to how to avoid this problem by means of configuration. Thanks in advance.