VOGONS

First post, by captainian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone, I'm using DosBox since one hour so I give my apologies right now since this post will probably be a mess.

So, I'm actually trying to run " Blood ", everything is working fine execpt for the sensitivity, it's awfull. After some research, i found a program that will probably solve the problem.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filede … s/?id=286998267 (PART 4 for more information since I can't explain it by myself)

The problem is that it require me to edit my a certain conf file that I don't have on MAC. I found that i have a " Doxbox's Preference " file on my Library but it's not specific to any game if i'm right. I don't know if i'm being clear right now, but i would like to add a line to the autoexec part of that file, to make this action " change the line "blood.exe" to "BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH blood.exe" "
But since i only got one file, even if i add this lign to the autoexec it wont load the game with this "BMOUSE" thing..

I hope that i've been clear, I don't think but let's hope that someone will be bravo enough to help me !
Thanks and have a nice day 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Make a text file, add this sole line
BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH blood.exe
save it as start.bat. When you start dosbox and then enter the mount commands and then cd to your blood folder, don't run blood.exe, but start.bat.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by captainian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

{My apologies about the double topic, i though I didn't successfully create this one that's why i took the liberty of starting a new one}

It seems like that the file was still a text file for a reason that i ignore (Probably because i'm stupid).
The problem now is that it doesn't launch the option that i saved into the config file. I need to add something else i bet but i'm not totally sure ?

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Can you be more specific when you talk about text files and cfg files and which settings you entered into some cfg file?
Because there are two config files, the Dosbox preference file and the blood.cfg file. And the Dosbox preference file is also dependent on the Dosbox version you use.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by captainian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure, I'll do my best.
The bat file that you you told me to create is now working.
Now I have another problem, the game is lauching well but with basic settings.

- - -

I'm using DosBox 0.74.
I made some change into both, the blood.cfg and the DosBox preference file. When the game launch, the settings aren't the same that it was when i launched the game without using BMOUSE. (For instance there's a problem of memory that weren't there before so i bet the problem is from DosBox and not the blood.cfg)

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Starting from the start.bat does not affect Dosbox settings, these should be the same either by starting via the batch file or blood.exe.
Everything that is different isdue to the bmouse and/or what you didto the blood.cfg