VOGONS

First post, by KnM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to get the old bootable-sierragames working, in the latest cvs-version of dosbox, without any results.

First I've mounted the diskimage with "imgmount 0 c:\games\kq1.img -size 512,9,2,40 -fs none" and then I dont really know how to boot with "boot".
I've tried "boot 0", "boot a", "boot kq1.img", all without any luck. It just shuts down dosbox and I have to reopen it and start all over.

Anyone have any glues what to do?

Reply 3 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Baka_toroi wrote:

Really, doesn't anybody know the answer to this question? I've got the same problem. Please, be nice and answer this 😀

The CVS is a ongoing project We do not actively answer questions on that.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Search forum for some info on IMGMOUNT, BOOT. Otherwise wait for the next version (CANADACOW promised to write something to Dosbox Guides then).
Just a short tip: the image from which you boot must be on already mounted drive (otherwise DOSBOX crashes).
I recommend waiting for the new version: using IMGMOUNT, BOOT is a bit complicated and some tutorial/guide will be necessary (especially if you are DOSBOX newbie).

Mirek

Reply 5 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

canadacow should document it in more places else it will get disabled in the 0.62 release. I don't want people bothering us with questions about stuff badly documented.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@QBIX: I think it should be in 0.62. I hope CANADACOW will document it (perhaps you could mail him...), if not, I could write something (I used to play with it a bit some time ago - but of course CANADACOW knows more). It is definitely worth having this in DOSBOX.
And we can always mark this is as "advanced users feature" (newbies would be better to stick to frontends anyway).

Mirek