VOGONS

First post, by grhe2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Computer: toshiba portege 3440ct (PIII 500) 192MB ram, savage IX 8MB graphics.
Dosbox Version: 0.61

Hi I am tryign to get a piece of software using in racing to run for my girlfriend's dad. It will eventually require access to the serial port and I don't know if dosbox can support that but first things first

The software is available here [/url]http://www.astratech.co.uk/download/astra249.exe[/url] and is a self extracting zip file

inside there are a couple of exe files. The important one is install.exe which runs and then prints "ERROR : VGA GRAPHICS ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THIS COMPUTER"

I have tried using a dosbox.conf file with teh machine set to vga but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be great, I'll try dosbox on windows when I get a chance (I can't use native dos mode because on his computer the fonts are corrupted by the graphics card for some reason)

Thanks

Glyn

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I am not sure if this is work, but it seems like I got it to work by doing what looked like a floppy-disk install??? - inspired by INST.BAT.

C:> pkunzip progs1
C:> pkunzip progs2
C:> comp
C:> astra

Attachments

• Astra.png
    Filename
    Astra.png
    File size
    29.74 KiB
    Views
    File license