VOGONS

First post, by Espilonarge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I have a couple of questions namely about this old game that I've been enjoying but ran into a couple of problems..

I managed to get midi's to work but none of the crowd sounds seem to play so I'm assuming I made a mistake. heres the Theme Park sndsound.inf file configuration.

SOUNDFX = SBLAST 220 7 1
MUSIC = SBLAST 388 0 0

If I could remeber how to find out which IRQ's Windows is using, it might work but I'll leave it till someone knows more on how to fix this problem.

The other question is how do I go about fixing a saving problem? Everytime I start a new game and goto the world map to select a park or go to save one while playing, DOSBox comes back with an error like this one.

Warning: file creation failed: C:oldgames\THEMEP\SAVE\SAVENAME.GD

I know Abuse saves ok (diffrent game, just refering to one that does save properly) but for some reason Theme Park refuses to save any games.

If someone is able to help me with these problems, I'll surely be greatful.

Reply 1 of 2, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

>If I could remeber how to find out which IRQ's Windows is using
Windows has nothing to do with it. See DOSBOX.CONF for configuration of SoundBlaster in DOSBOX.

>Warning: file creation failed: C:oldgames\THEMEP\SAVE\SAVENAME.GD
Check whether the SAVE directory exists. I hope that there is \ behind C: and you just wrongly copied it (it is nonsense as it is now)...

Mirek

Reply 2 of 2, by Espilonarge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

>Check whether the SAVE directory exists. I hope that there is \ behind C: and you just wrongly copied it (it is nonsense as it is now)...
I just checked, yeah made a "typo" and forgot to place the "/" just after C: (forgive me as I had no copy command) and that for some reason DOSBox doesn't seem to "create" a new folder named "Save" so I had to manually create one. Thank you for that.

>Windows has nothing to do with it. See DOSBOX.CONF for configuration of SoundBlaster in DOSBOX.
I'm not sure how else to work on this problem but the ones within sndsetup.inf (for Theme Park) are exactly the same as the ones within DOSBOX.CONF (less theres something else wrong).

sblaster=true
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
sbrate=22050