VOGONS

EF2000

Topic actions

First post, by stealth_wolf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have EF2000 with the Tactom upgrade running on my old P100MHz. However, it's almost time to throw this away - the monitor has become very dodgy.

Anyhoo, on my newer AMD Athlon 2400, running Windows XP, when I double-click on ef2000 icon, the screen goes blank (as if somethings about to load) and then disappears again. Windows XP Compataibility stuff didn't seem to work. The game will run fully off the hard disk so no need for CD-drive issues.

With DosBox, I mounted the EF2000 directory and loaded ef2000. Except I get the error "CPU Paging features not supported" 🙁

Does anyone knows what this means? Is it anything to do with my CPU? Bear in mind I'm an absolute newbie at these kind of things.

Here's my spec: AMD Athlon 2400, 512MB 333MHz RAM, 80GB Western Digital HDD, 128MB Asus V9280TD with nVidia Ti4200 GPU, on a Gigabyte GA-7VA revision 1.0 motherboard with on-board sound.

PS. I keep getting "Do you wish to debug" errors partically everytime I move my mouse, and it's only on this website 😒

Reply 1 of 1, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

> "CPU Paging features not supported"
Which version of DOSBOX do you use? The paging is supported in DOSBOX. Download the latest version (0.61) from the dosbox web site.

Mirek