VOGONS

First post, by gorzka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

good eveninb,
I have a problem with the game "Die Kathedrale" in DosBox. When I start the game I become an

GIF-I/O-ERROR: 2

Can anybody help? Thank you

I have Windows 10 64 bit

Reply 1 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is almost certainly an error message unique to your program that has nothing in particular to do with DOSBox itself.

All I can suggest at this point is following the 60 Seconds Guide:
60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

If you downloaded this game illegally from somewhere instead of installing from original disks, then your copy of the game may be incomplete or corrupt, and you should ask the people who run the site about it.

Reply 3 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gorzka wrote:

But the same copy runs under Linux without problems.

You mean in DOSBox for Linux? Then it is almost certainly a mounting problem. Perhaps you have installed the game to a folder to which DOSBox does not have write permissions. The easy way to check would be to run DOSBox as an Administrator, but it would be much better to use a folder in your Users directory, as in the 60 Seconds Guide.

Reply 4 of 8, by gorzka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That is my problem. The folder(s) are in my Download Folder and have no write permissions. I have also run DosBox as Admin and have the same problem

If you want you can download it here https://mega.nz/#!xo1kGZYA!RFxPqfpBLh9_iMtLdW … 6L1BorwnztJ3wXo (Windows)

https://mega.nz/#!N0FCzCAC!9M3ou0wfRwoE7461tC … 8yvTxhCFerlMFv4 (Linux)

Reply 5 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gorzka wrote:

That is my problem.

If that is your problem, then you can solve it by following the 60 Seconds Guide.

The folder(s) are in my Download Folder and have no write permissions.

How did you come to this conclusion? How can you even put files in your download folder if you can't write to your download folder?

I have also run DosBox as Admin and have the same problem

The Admin user should have write permissions everywhere.