VOGONS

First post, by trumpet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I have just installed dosbox 0.61 in order to re-use Fast Tracker 2. I'm running under winXP.
The problem is the mixing rate of the frequency : with emulation of the soundblaster card, the sound is correct, but I can't set higher frequency than 22050 Hz ?
In the configuration file, everything seems to be ok.
When trying with the gravis ultrasound emulation the sounds is well played at 44100 Hz, but the music is 'slow' (problem of synchronization) ?
Does someone have this problem ?
Thanks !

No Solution=No Problem

Reply 1 of 4, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox doesn't emulate SB16 yet so using higher than 22050 with Soundblaster isn't possible.

The Gravis ultrasound sound in 44100 is slow because of your computer. It takes a lot of the CPU to emulate it.

Reply 2 of 4, by trumpet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, which is the sb emulated in dosbox ? The sb pro ?
When you mean dosbox is slow when using the gravis ultra sound in 44100 Hz sampling rate, it's very strange with my computer ; when I increase the number of cpu cycles (ctrl+F12), I never have more than 55 % of the total CPU usage (I tried until 150000 cycles to check but still no more than 55 %, and nothing runs at 150000 cycles !)
I'm running on a Pentium IV C 2,6 Ghz / 512 Mb Ram / ATI Radeon 9200

No Solution=No Problem

Reply 3 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

> I tried until 150000 cycles to check but still no more than 55 %
Did you try to run anything in DOSBOX with this setting? 150000 cycles is nonsense, there is no computer in existence which could handle it.

SB16 emulation will be in the next version.

Mirek