VOGONS

First post, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I run the Goblin installation, the installation screen opens and tells me that a HardDrive is required to install the game, press any key to exit.

Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do about it?

thx

I AM BECOMING THE MONSTER YOU PROMISED TO KEEP HIM AWAY NOW I FEEL LIKE HE'S LIVING IN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reply 1 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone else had this problem or could my version be corrupt?

Thx in advance for any help

I AM BECOMING THE MONSTER YOU PROMISED TO KEEP HIM AWAY NOW I FEEL LIKE HE'S LIVING IN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reply 3 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx 4 ur help, that is a good idea. Unfortunately, I've tried it and i get the same thing.

UFO: Enemy Unknown installer did not install properly with dosdox. Afta installin, ufo.bat refused 2 run n i had 2 install it using windows. Shame it didn't work with goblin.

Any more ideas?

Reply 5 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its on a single floppy disk...

I used to play it on my 386 10 years ago and when I heard about dosbox i thought i would try it out (dnt haf 386 nemore). So I know it worked at one point, why it doesn't install now I don't know.

I get the same error trying to install on XP, 98SE and dosbox.

Reply 6 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try installing from pure DOS. Some of the Sierra/Dynamix/Coktel games had copyright protection that only lets you install from real DOS. If this is the case, you should be able to play it from any windows after it is installed.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 7 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pure dos on XP...? I'll try using F5 2 get 2 a prompt instead of windows 😀 thx

Reply 8 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The closest I could get was safe mode with command prompt where I got the same error.'This game needs a Hard Drive to run correctly.' Will a boot disk work with XP?

Reply 9 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you have a FAT32 partition? If you do, you can boot to DOS with a DOS boot floppy and install the game to your FAT32 partion. Also, you said that you tried to install the game on a 98SE. Could you boot to DOS on that box and install the game on it. Then, if you want to play the game on your XP computer, just copy the installed game's folder over from the 98 box to the XP.

Reply 10 of 10, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about the l8 reply, Ive bin doin a-level xams. It appears that if u simply copy everything 2 the hd n then run it, it all works fine 😊

Cnt bleive it ws sumthin so simple... sorry.

Thanks for all the help.

The Avidon