VOGONS

First post, by agapecrusader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello I am trying to play 11th Hour using Dos Box .62 I emulated the directory c:\games\11H which is the default directory where 11th hour is saved and executed the batch file required to play the game as instructed in the game's instructions, however DosBox returned with the error

MSCDEX returned version 2.23
Error Could not find groovie dir (cd not inserted)

However i checked to make sure the cd was inserted. and i inserted it in both drives D: and E: before posting this thread

Any suggestions? btw i will look into some other threads concerning MSCDEX also to hopefully find an answer

Thanks

Reply 3 of 7, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If i remember correctly, when installing 11th hour, an additional file is placed in c:\ called Z_11HDIR.11H which tells the game where to find the game directory. If you mapped your C:\ in dosbox to your games directory, this file will not be found by the game! Try simply mapping c:\ to c:\ in dosbox, and cd into the games directory. Also make sure that the path inside the 11H file is correct. Hope this helps...

Reply 4 of 7, by TheAvidon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Make sure you mount your c drive as the root as said above but also make sure that you have mounted your cd-rom as a cd-rom by using the -t switch:

mount d d:\ -t cdrom
or
mount e e:\ -t cdrom

I AM BECOMING THE MONSTER YOU PROMISED TO KEEP HIM AWAY NOW I FEEL LIKE HE'S LIVING IN MEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reply 6 of 7, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another game that is highly unlikely to run well at all - 11th Hour is a demanding game - fast moving VESA screens and animations, not something I've seen DOSBOX handle at al well - yet. You can't expect all the last DOS games to run well with DOSBOX.

Reply 7 of 7, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you try the official patch to play it under Windows 9.x nt ?
It's fin for me and no need Dosbox

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !