VOGONS

First post, by matt.k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

I have a problem with a DOS program I use called PCBoot which runs in DOSBox Version 0.74 that I use at work, it is used as a virtual terminal to log on to and configure equipment that we commission.

The problem occurs when I navigate through the menus once I have logged into the system, everything seems to work fine but after the a while the text becomes all scrambled and is then unreadable.

I will attach a print screen of the problem, So far I tried to completely reinstall DOSBox and PCBoot and I have also changed the .conf file for a newer one. I have also tried a new configuration lead and I still have the same problem. The equipment that I use requires a RS232 (9 pin serial) lead to configure. I have tried this on multiple pieces of equipment and different configuration leads with the same issue so I am certain that the equipment I am connecting to is not faulty.

The 1st attachment shows how the text should normally look, and the 2nd attachment shows what happens after the text becomes all scrambled. I find it strange that it is only the text with in the text box that becomes unreadable as the scrambled text keeps scrolling across.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause of the problem could be?

Thanks a lot for reading.

Matt K.

(Edit: just wanted to add that i am using a USB to Serial port adaptor as my laptop is not fitted with a serial port and I have tried different adaptors yielding the same results.)

Attachments

• PCBoot Error 2.png
    Filename
    PCBoot Error 2.png
    File size
    14.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • PCBoot Error 1.png
    Filename
    PCBoot Error 1.png