VOGONS

First post, by Antagonist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi !

I searched all the forum and read the readme and FAQ but I found no solution to my problem.

As already said in the topic I have no sound in UW2. I couldn't change the I/O address of the sound blaster in UW's config so I changed it in DOSbox' config file, but it didn't help, although I/O address, IRQ and Interrupt are the same. I can't even turn the music on IN the game, the specific option refuses to be set to 'on'.

I also noticed that DOSBox report's an error called : SDL lock failed which repeats infinitely.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards
Antagonist

Reply 2 of 4, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It varies depending on what you got. I have a UINSTALL.EXE in my installation (original) so It may vary.
UWCONFIG.EXE Is when you have differences in your hardware configuraition like IRQ and DMA. UWCONFIG will change them if you set them correctly along with DOSBox's settings. Check both.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 4, by Antagonist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for all the help !

I tried the uwconfig.exe and now I do have music during the game but it stutters horribly. I run DosBOX at 15000 cycles which makes the game run fine (even a little too fast).

Any further help ?

😀

EDIT:

I solved the problem ! I just used too many cycles. I switched to 10000 and now everythink works fine. 😁