VOGONS

First post, by iviv

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, here we go...

New PC, 3 GHz. Pentium 4. Windows XP, 120Gb hard drive, 60Gb free.
G-Force 4 MX 64Mb Graphics card
erm, anything else? 512 Mb RAM

I mount the C: and A: as instructed. First disk installs*. Second disk installs*. But when i get to the third disk, about hald way through, in the second DOSbox window, that you don't type in, It just gives an infinite error of:
Illegal file read <insert series of letters and numbers>
Illegal file write<instet series of letters and numbers>
Illegal file read <Insert different series of letters and numbers>
Illegal file write<Insert different series of letters and numbers>

For at least half an hour. Then i gave up. What can i do???

Note, there are 6 floppy disks. disks 2-6 have only two files on. A 1byte file saying which disk it is, then a large file, which my computer reads as a flash movie.

* The first and second disks were scratched, so i managed to copy them onto the hard drive, then onto new floppy disks. Although one file has lost 32 bytes. Is this what causes the problem?

<under Construction>

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think you are out of luck. Damn floppies. A friend of mine also lost two original games when one of the floppies failed. That's because it's so important to make backup copies.

PS: You should look in the web, though. Maybe you can come up with something but i shouldn't be saying something like this on this forums. Downloading copyrighted things from the internet is illegal, but it is also true that you own the original so...