VOGONS

First post, by guest

User metadata

Hi, I've been using dosbox for some of the my old games including commander keen games and they work great. However I am now trying to get Windows 3.1 to work in DosBox. Here is my problem exactly. In Dosbox version 0.61 I tried to edit the statements for the memory use shown below:

[dos]
# xms -- Enable XMS support.
# ems -- Enable EMS support.

xms=true
ems=true

This looks fine, and I have tried different cobinations to get Windows 3.1 to work in "Standard mode". But none have worked yet. I was wondering, since I'm using 64MB in DosBox, It reports Xms and Ems memory as 64 MB Free. Is there a way in DoxBox to have the Ram Split up unevenly? have a total of 64 MB, but have Ems say 16 MB is free and Xms say 48 MB is free. Does that make sence? Is there a hidden option to do that? Or will I have to wait until the next version of DosBox to come out?

Reply 5 of 5, by blueside19

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It says I have to register and post twice. That sound fine, however I'm not a programmer. I do understand how programming works in principle and the logic behind it, but I do not do code. I used to dabble in VB6, but that was awhile ago. Anyway, is there a way to split up the ems and xms memory in the dosbox.conf file? So there can be a certain amount free for each type? Right now, it will either enable it, or disable it. Is there a workaround? I'm try to avoid learning how to program. 😁 I probly should learn again, but who knows? Anyway, Can some one help with my situation? And don't tell me to learn programming, I already know I have to in order to keep up in this day of age. Thanks