VOGONS

First post, by CCLGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When installing windows 9x or games as bootable programs, DOSBox will respond with "Reboot Requested, Quitting Now" and quit instead of booting up and continue installation or run installed game.

Here is a simple solution:
Just boot up with the image of a boot disk as floppy (with the same DOS version as the installation that cannot reboot) with the command
boot -l a
Assuming the installation is on hard drive c:, use the following msdos command from the floppy boot disk:
sys c:
This will transfer msdos.sys and command.com correctly to make hard disk c bootable.
Then quit DOSBox and launch it again, but this time boot the installation with the command
boot -l c

Here is an example where I installed Windows 98 Second Edition:
In the DOSBox configuration file I added:

imgmount 0 win98c.img -t floppy -fs none
imgmount 2 windows98.img -size 512,63,255,522 -t hdd -fs none

Then I started DOSBox and initiated setup with the following commands
cd setup
setup
boot -l a
sys c: