VOGONS

First post, by alexxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read all of the thread in mouse problem in Privateer, but I have a slightly different problem.
I want to play Privateer as I did on my old machine, keyboard and mouse only (I dont have a joystick).
But starting it I was stopped by the joystick calibration procedure.

What I did was to generate a dosbox.conf file by

config -writeconf dosbox.conf

and edit it setting

joysticktype=none

This allows me to bypass the calibration phase and see the intro, but now the mouse is not recognized, and that's where I am now.
Somebody knows how to make the mouse active? (apart from click in the window, ctrl+F10 - I already tested that...)

Reply 1 of 5, by Osprey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you're using the GOG or CD-ROM version, there's a patched EXE for in-flight music slowdown when not using a joystick. Perhaps that'll help. Try it with joysticktype as none, auto and 2axis.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Wing_Commander: … ing_spaceflight

For what it's worth, I just installed and ran the game, both the floppy version and the GOG (CD-ROM) version, and everything seemed fine without any changes (to the .exe or .conf) needed. I got no joystick calibration screen (I don't have a joystick) and the mouse worked.

Just in case this is what you overlooked, you have to enable the mouse in the menu (Alt+O) before you can use it to fly in-mission. It's not totally clear if you meant in-mission or even in the menus, so I'm mentioning it.

Reply 2 of 5, by alexxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you for your help - I meant no mouse at all, not even in the menus.
Unfortunately the joystick auto or 2axis give me the calibration screen, while none is ok but - as I said - no mouse... I wonder what I'm missing