VOGONS

Ultima 7

Topic actions

First post, by jmliles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Judging by the information on the DOSBox site and the fact that a lot of people have posted things like "It works without any problems. Set ems=false in DOSBOX.CONF.", it seems like there should be no problems at all with this game...

I can't get it to work. When starting with a new character, I either get a cacheblock overflow (with dynamic core) or "CPU:GRP5:Illegal Call 7" (with normal core). I've tried changing a million things in the config file.

Since so many others have apparently gotten U7 to work without problems, are there any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Depends on whether your using the official DOSBox 0.61 or the CVS DOSBox 0.62 (unofficial builds) from what I can say. It does work in the CVS Builds. I dunno. I've never had problems running it... 😒 wish I could help more than tried a newer build.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 3, by jmliles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, alright, I answered my own question. I knew it had to be something stupid that I overlooked.

Those errors above were caused by the directory path being too long. It looks like it cut a few letters off of a filename that was referenced. Seems to work fine now.