VOGONS

First post, by LeChimp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about making another privateer thread but I have the following problem when I use dosbox

Privateer CD not found

JEMM unloaded

I did the whole EMS=false thing and I have the cd in the drive, can anyone help me out?

Reply 1 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

read the Readme doc about MOUNTING..

Make sure you do something like "mount D: D:\ -t cdrom" <= THIS IS VITAL to make sure your CD Drive is recognized as a CD Drive.
If you have troubles sometimes adding -ioctl (windows XP) or -aspi (other Windows OSes) may fix the problem.

mount - command to setup a drive to be recognized by DOSBox.
D: - The virtual driver letter that DOSBox will see D:\ as. (You can change D: to like E: or F: if you wanted to)
D:\ - the real drive letter on your computer or a directory can be set with this like D:\PRIV\.
-t - this is a argument to say we will be setting up a certain Type of Drive
cdrom - the type of drive being called by -t. There is also dir and floppy which can be called using -t.

Hopefully this need not be covered over and over and over again.

Please read the forums first and if at all read http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki (see the topics about Mounting)

A few other things.. Check your PRIV.CFG to make sure that it is pointing to the same drive letter that you are pointer your Virtual DOSBox drive letter to.
For instance say you mounted your real I: CD-ROM Drive as the virtual D: CD-ROM Drive in DOSBox.
This means you should make sure that it says D: in the PRIV.CFG otherwise it won't see your CD.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 2 of 5, by LeChimp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
priestlyboy wrote:
read the Readme doc about MOUNTING.. […]
Show full quote

read the Readme doc about MOUNTING..

Make sure you do something like "mount D: D:\ -t cdrom" <= THIS IS VITAL to make sure your CD Drive is recognized as a CD Drive.
If you have troubles sometimes adding -ioctl (windows XP) or -aspi (other Windows OSes) may fix the problem.

mount - command to setup a drive to be recognized by DOSBox.
D: - The virtual driver letter that DOSBox will see D:\ as. (You can change D: to like E: or F: if you wanted to)
D:\ - the real drive letter on your computer or a directory can be set with this like D:\PRIV\.
-t - this is a argument to say we will be setting up a certain Type of Drive
cdrom - the type of drive being called by -t. There is also dir and floppy which can be called using -t.

Hopefully this need not be covered over and over and over again.

Please read the forums first and if at all read http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki (see the topics about Mounting)

A few other things.. Check your PRIV.CFG to make sure that it is pointing to the same drive letter that you are pointer your Virtual DOSBox drive letter to.
For instance say you mounted your real I: CD-ROM Drive as the virtual D: CD-ROM Drive in DOSBox.
This means you should make sure that it says D: in the PRIV.CFG otherwise it won't see your CD.

Doh, alright, thanks for helping me out. I did look around a little for help on the issue I had but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Sorry about posting something that could have been fixed if I was more patient. Hopefully this will work.

EDIT: The game works, except that it's slow. I'll look around to see if that can be improved at all.

Reply 3 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your welcome.. Mostly if you want some speed improvement you will A) Wait patiently (yeah right 😉 like anyone can wait) for DOSBox 0.62 or B) Get a CVS Build of the program.

A) Can happen whenever Qbix and Harekiet want it to happen.
B) Can happen if you go to the site in my sig or go to another site called...
http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/index.php?target=news

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 5, by LeChimp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
priestlyboy wrote:
Your welcome.. Mostly if you want some speed improvement you will A) Wait patiently (yeah right ;) like anyone can wait) for DOS […]
Show full quote

Your welcome.. Mostly if you want some speed improvement you will A) Wait patiently (yeah right 😉 like anyone can wait) for DOSBox 0.62 or B) Get a CVS Build of the program.

A) Can happen whenever Qbix and Harekiet want it to happen.
B) Can happen if you go to the site in my sig or go to another site called...
http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/index.php?target=news

Works at a normal speed now, thanks