VOGONS

First post, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I wonder whether somebody experienced this problem: it seems to be impossible to hit anybody in fight in the game.
I created two characters, run around a bit till I had a random encounter with some rats and started fighting. Neither my party, nor rats seemed to be able to score a single hit ... They always missed ... I even tried to keep ENTER key on keyboard pushed (so that the combat would go without my intervenion for some time) - always misses...

Mirek

Last edited by mirekluza on 2004-07-12, 13:24. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I found out that the two versions of Wizardry 6 I have (one cracked abandonware dowmload and official from Wizardry Archives) behave a bit differently.
Especially that pirated version - sometimes there are some "hits" (as it should be), sometimes only "misses" (and only option is to run away) in one combat...
Either two different versions or a wrong crack...
In general I am neither sure that it is ok, nor I am sure that there is a bug (nice sentence 😀 ).
Well, since my conclusions are rather useless 🙁 , I think I will move this thread to DOSBOX Games/Apps (if somebody has any comments to it)

Mirek

Reply 3 of 6, by nahema

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi

i tries running wizardry 6 via dosbox

same problem

i installed dosbox, mounted my wiz-folder as c: and started bane
everything works just fine
i can hit monsters and the othwer way around

quiting the game and exiting dosbox

next time i start dosbox, neither a monster nor my party can hit anything

i would be really thankful for any hints how to get bane work all the time

by the way : my version of bane is from a wizardry-fanpage

Reply 5 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have an original CD Version of 7 but I don't remember any need to crack it. hmm... Have to look at this somtime. I dunno about 6 though.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.