VOGONS

First post, by typh0id

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

Forgive me if I'm retreading old ground (I did a search but the keywords are all pretty generic and nothing helpful to me jumped out of the results), but I am trying to run Legend of the Red Dragon (4.07) locally in DOSBox and it is giving me troubles.

I've tried running LOCAL.BAT and LORD.EXE /L (which I recall being the way to run it locally back in the day) but in all cases I get: INTERNAL ERROR #38019 CANNOT CONTINUE.

Am I missing something obvious or does LORD not run in DOSBox? I would think that running it locally wouldn't require anything special out of DOSBox, but then, I certainly don't know everything.

Anyway, thanks for any help anyone can give me with this. I spent countless hours as a teenager playing and modding this game and would love to revisit it.

Reply 4 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It does but not in 0.74. You'll need to use the latest SVN or at least later than the below date.

Found this in the changelog

2011-01-16 20:49 qbix79

* [r3667] include/dos_system.h, src/dos/drive_local.cpp: Add dummy
support for openmode 4. Legend Of the Red Dragon 4.07 uses this.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 8, by typh0id

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

It does but not in 0.74. You'll need to use the latest SVN or at least later than the below date.]

I may just stick with 3.55. I have to admit in all the years I've been tinkering with DOSBox, I've never ventured into SVN territory. I know basically nothing about them.

Reply 6 of 8, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nothing much to know. In most ways, it's a plug and play replacement, except with a few more features and bug fixes. Why not install a copy alongside and test a few DOS programs you normally run?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 8 of 8, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As of this post, r4085 is the latest commit. You should run an SVN build that is checked out and built at a point close to this release.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder