VOGONS

First post, by Jamesman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I'm new to trying out DOS emulation, so forgive me if I'm a little slow with my knowledge. I did do a search, and didn't fnd anything relating to my problem, though.

Anyway, I'm trying to play Gobliiins/Goblins using DosBox, but the only sound I get is some short bursts of static. I'd tried using the Loader.exe file included with the game to change the sound settings, but all I can get are loud, screeching static noises. Increasing the framerate seems to lower the screeching, but I still get static-like noises combined with the sounds in the game.

I know the game is supposed to have garbled sounds for speech, but I don't think it's supposed to sound like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

I use WinXP, Pentium III 833MHz processor, 16MB NVidia GeForce video card, and I believe my soundcard is a Creative SB Live. Any other technical stats I need to give and can find, I will.

Reply 1 of 1, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you have the CD or floppy version of the game? The CD version is picky about MSCDEX. Be sure to use the "-t type" switch when mounting your CD-ROM drive. BTW, Gobliiins CD runs flawlessly with VDMS, if you use SAPUCDEX.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers