VOGONS

First post, by PinkTaco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

when i use dosbox to install wc2 deluxe edition CD, i run winstall after mounting my d and c drive. when the install loads i select the install drive, but the directory part has "Camedat" already typed in. and i can only delete up to "Cam" and when i try to type the pathname i cant type a colon. if i just hit enter to skip, i get another selection to save time/space i can choose either and then i get an error saying "wing commander 2 game not found. you must enter the directory containing the wing commander 2 game."

then it just sends me back to the drive selection screen. does anyone know whats wrong? im clueless. anyone that has this game, what and how did you install?

edit: dosbox gives me some write protection errors on the 2nd box(not the one you enter commands in) this *could* be the problem. any ideas on a workaround?

Reply 2 of 2, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If it is "winstall" then it is probably meant for Windows. The "W" in "Winstall" is for Windows. If there is another install problem try that or else try it in Win95 compatible mode.

If you get it working ... let me know. I gave up trying to get the Wing Commander series working on my computer. I finally got #3 working except for the videos which run WAYYYY too fast.