VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is very close to the Maraakate's results with Voodoo 5 5500 on retro PC, but at high resolution, high quality audio and trilinear filtering, despite my comparatively weaker desktop CPU/GPU than most people who prefer Intel Core-i5/i7 series and gaming class GPUs.
Q2DOS with 3DFX -- Some interesting findings

I understand that the devs are not interested in supporting emulation as they would have thought it would be too slow and a waste of time. I just did my part to enable those games and all of them are running at near perfect 60FPS playable frame rate.

Reply 21 of 22, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just tested Q2Dos with PCem with MS-DOS 7, virtual K6-2 300 Mhz and 128 MB of ram and Voodoo 1 and running quite good, its playable.. there is even some option to emulated Voodoo 2 and Voodoo 2 sli which would be probably faster..

Only strange things are very long filesystem operations, loading are very slow and start of game means 1 minute or so black screen.

Other problem is Q2DOS mouse sensivity, even on min settings its still too sensivite.. I dunno if it could be bypassed by some console command, some source code change would be better of course.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 22 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ruthan wrote on 2020-01-25, 02:56:

I just tested Q2Dos with PCem with MS-DOS 7, virtual K6-2 300 Mhz and 128 MB of ram and Voodoo 1 and running quite good, its playable.. there is even some option to emulated Voodoo 2 and Voodoo 2 sli which would be probably faster..

That's cool, but this is a thread about Q2DOS in DOSBox using 3Dfx OpenGL. In the DOSBox Games/Apps forum.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto