VOGONS

First post, by Selageth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

it seems that all MIDI files which are located in a sub-folder of the ingame jukebox (Independence music, Military music, Indian music), can't be played properly using DOSbox. I can select and play every other MIDI though. SFX works, too.

Reply 1 of 2, by ghoti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not much information here -- what are you running (software and hardware); what have you tried?

I am running Colonization without a problem on DOSBox 0.61 with the Boxer (0.61.6) interface, though I do have to use the VICEROY executable, as suggested in the forum here.

We should do away with the specious notion that man must work for a living, Then he could go back to thinking about whatever it was he was thinking about when someone came along and told him,"You must work for a living."

Reply 2 of 2, by Selageth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm currently running Colonization on a P4 (3.0GhZ) with 1GB RAM and Windows XP HE. I'm using DosBOX 0.61.

The game starts fine and also runs without any problems, however when I want to play music taken from the "Military" or "Independence" folder, the game just produces extreme screeching noises. It DOES sound familiar to the actual music file, but it's still just loud screeching. The same goes for fighting sounds (i.e. when my Dragoon attacks some poor indian village).

I already tried to work without DosBOX and used VDM Sound, the problems however remain the same. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if it's a game-related error.