VOGONS

First post, by ghoti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using DOSBox 0.61 and Boxer 0.61.6 trying to run the originnal RR Tycoon. The mouse cursor (a small arrow) is visible, but flickers rapidly, giving it an almost "ghostly" appearance. Though I can move the cursor abound the screen, the mouse buttons do nothing -- I cannot select anything or use the mouse to recenter the display. The mouse is unusable.

I am running SK8V; FX-53; PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB); 2GB ECC registered memory; Audigy 2ZS.

I have tried Control F10 (that makes the cursor visible as I have described). I have tried changing the emulated CPU cycles. I have tried frame skipping. I have tried "normal" and "full" emulated CPU core. I have tried disabling XMS and EMS support. I have tried both full screen and window display modes. I have tried lowering the sound sample rate and the block size (I am using SoundBlaster emulation as well as AdLib emulation).

I have even tried loading the DOS mouse driver before running the game executable (within DOSBox).

Everything works perfectly except the mouse!

Any help for this frustrated RR Tycoon lover? The game is tough to play without the mouse!

We should do away with the specious notion that man must work for a living, Then he could go back to thinking about whatever it was he was thinking about when someone came along and told him,"You must work for a living."

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I can understand that.

You could try a newer unsupported version of dosbox to see if the problem is still present

for example here:
http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/index.php?target … ystem&id=dosbox

or one with a very active forum.
http://www.mypixels.dk/forums/

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by ghoti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

QBix, I very much appreciate your response -- I shall try the versions you suggested. If you think of anything else to try (as far as settings for 0.61), I'd certainly welcome your suggestions.

We should do away with the specious notion that man must work for a living, Then he could go back to thinking about whatever it was he was thinking about when someone came along and told him,"You must work for a living."