VOGONS

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Installed from game cd via Defend Reloaded, seemed to be OK but after starting the game and clicking game setup (for setting up the actual football match) it spits out the error "cannot find file A:/AAFB95/team.dcx on cd".

I recall that during installation process the game setup program used c: as the install directory but it did put it under the "virtual" directory per Dfend default so I'm at a loss why during gameplay it can't find the team files. Do I need to specify the "virtual" dir during the game's setup/install process?

I understand I probably didn't explain things too well and this is an obscure game but maybe I'll get lucky and someone out there will see what's going on here. What I'm thinking on trying is installing the game directly w/o dfend (this is a winXP sys) under the dfend/virtual dir and then go about adding the game profile. Any tips would be most welcome, thanks!

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 1, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Figured out the problem, I didn't have my virtual drives configured properly in D-fend. However another glitch has appeared, some of the college teams are not listed correctly in the different conferences for instance Michigan State is listed as Mpad, Ohio State as Opad and a few others likewise. I believe the CD is faulty (bought game used on Ebay) so is there a way to keep a dosbox window open while game is installing to see if any errors pop up? It seems that some of the install files on the CD are not transferring over which leads to some of the teams missing.

I tried copying the entire CD to the hard drive and re-installing but that didn't help. Would extracting the data to bin/cue files work at all or some other method? This game is selling on Ebay new at 25.00 so rather not have to buy it again.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W